Keep a look out for Green hats -- it means something great is happening on Main Street.
As we restore and beautify our historic village catch us sporting our new headgear!
COLONIAL CEMETERY - LAKEVIEW DRIVE
Saturday July 15th,
It was another accomplished morning spent tidying up the Colonial Cemetery in Allentown.
Make sure to stop by and take a look!
Special thanks to all community members who volunteered!
Saturday March 25th, was an accomplished morning spent sprucing up the Colonial Cemetery on Lakewview Drive in Allentown. Such fun! Make sure to stop by and take a look!
A special thanks to all community members who volunteered:
Mike Michaud, Lara Michaud, Carla Lebentritt, Dan Zorovich, Lynne Meara, Phil Meara, Alice Wikoff, Abigail Abbott, Wil Borkowski, Kelly Owens, two great little kids, and Martha Ploshay!
Every day the volunteers of The Allentown Village Initiative (TAVI) help to beautify the village main streets, restore historic charm, help the downtown commercial district thrive, and strive to make Allentown, NJ a better place to live and enjoy.
At TAVI we are always looking to the future to better our community and at present we are investing resources into street parking signage to beautify the town and help our businesses. If you would like to help contribute to this or any other project, we encourage you to please reach as a volunteer or donate:
To give you a taste of what’s to come here is a look back at some of TAVI's best moments of 2016:
In the warm summer evenings TAVI reminded residents, family and friends of Allentown’s charm by introducing candlelight to the Allentown Library windows.
| || |
The Allentown Village Initiative (TAVI)
is proud to bring back our figures to Main Street.
Please keep your eyes out for our new figures!
Plus, we would love to hear more from you -
Snap a photo with a figure and we would be happy to feature it on our website!
Despite the storm "Matthew", the Fall Harvest Festival was a success for The Allentown Village Initiative!
Kurt Wayton, Madeline Gavin, Carla Lebentritt, and Martha Ploshay, our booth volunteers we were able to share stories, memories, TAVI project information plus: stuffed animals, balloons, stickers, and postcards with members of the community. We hope for anyone that stopped by - you found it to be informative, interesting, and a worthwhile cause!
Special Thanks To:
- Kurt Wayton for displaying historic buildings, creating the logo stickers and organizing the TAVI presence at the festival
- Martha Ploshay for the stuffed animals, balloons and organizational support
- Jeff Ploshay for putting together book marks of the banner and TAVI information cards
- Lara & Michael Michaud for creating the postcards
Please come visit our booth at the annual Allentown Fall Festival we look forward to meeting you.
All of us at The Allentown Village Initiative are looking forward to sharing with you our latest projects and hearing from you on what you would like to see us work on next to help fulfill our goals of :
- Educating the community in the principles of sustainability, economic development, natural resource protection, historic preservation, and village planning;
- Revitalizing the economy and sense of community with increased emphasis on the arts, culture, and history;
- Preserving and protecting a greened, historic village
- Thoughtfully designing and planning for a quality aesthetic - both in design particulars and for a common, cohesive vision of how we want our community to look and feel, and;
- Developing solutions to address pedestrian and vehicular traffic and circulation issues that satisfy and enhance both the real needs of commerce and a residential quality-of-life while making the village more pedestrian-friendly.
More information on the fall festival....